Decadence from a solar oven! This is a flameless version of Bananas Foster. Traditionally it is set on fire then served over vanilla ice cream. But don’t stop there, try it with pancakes, crepes, pound cake, bread pudding … Yum!
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup (115 g.) unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup (115 g.) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (118 ml.) dark rum
- 2 large firm but ripe bananas (cut lengthwise and in half)
- vanilla ice cream
- Combine butter, sugar, and rum in pot. Place in the Sunflair® Solar Oven for 1 1/2 hour. Whisk the ingredients together. Then add the bananas and coat with sauce for 15 - 20 min.
- Serve immediately over ice cream or other goodies.