Cook time: 5 hrs. (Started with uncooked chicken)
Chicken noodle soup is like a splash of love from Nana on a crisp winter’s day. This chicken noodle soup recipe is nice for leftover chicken or from scratch.
Serving suggestions: nice with bread, crackers, a hearty sandwich, a green salad, or with a meal.
- 2 cups (459 g.) cooked chicken, dark meat, deboned and broken into bit size bits, or 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks uncooked chicken
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (151 g.) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (3 g.) fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.5 g.) poultry seasoning
- 4 cups (941 ml.) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (118 ml.) water
- 1 1/3 cup (304 g.) uncooked dry egg noodles
- 1/4 cup (57 g.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (29 g.) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g.) salt
- DIRECTIONS (UNCOOKED CHICKEN) COOK TIME: 5 HOURS
- Place uncooked chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and poultry seasoning, broth and water into the large roaster. Cover and cook for 4 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside. Add the uncooked noodles and cook for 30 min. or until tender. While the noodles are cooking, debone the chicken and break into bit size bits. Once the noodles are cooked, stir in chicken, parsley, butter and salt. Finished! Serve!
DIRECTIONS (COOKED CHICKEN) COOK TIME: 2-3 HOURS
Place chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and poultry seasoning, broth and water into the large roaster. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours.
Add the uncooked noodles and cook for 30 min until tender. Once the noodles are cooked stir in parsley, butter and salt. Then serve.