There’s nothing like homemade applesauce served warm on a cold day or chilled on a hot summer’s day. This applesauce recipe makes a nice desert compliment without all the calories. To jazz it up, serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
- 8 cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tbsp. (29 grams) organic brown sugar or agave
- 1 three-inch cinnamon stick
- Place all the ingredients in the pot and cover with the lid. Place in the Sunflair and cook until tender for 1 to 4 hours.
- Once tender, remove cinnamon stick. Then use a potato masher, blender, or food mill to puree. Can be served chunky.
- Serve warm or chilled. To jazz it up, serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.