The orange and red wine combined with the cranberries in this cranberry sauce recipe is a flavor sensation. Delicious with turkey and other poultry. This is nice to make in advance and keeps in the refrigerator for a week or freeze.
- 12 oz (340 g.) cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups (288 g.) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (177 ml.) Merlot
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 of orange, then quarter the orange
- pinch of ground cloves
- Combine all the ingredients in the roaster and stir so everything is blended and submerged. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours until the berries have popped.
- Remove the roaster from the Sunflair®, and remove the oranges and cinnamon stick. Let cool at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Serve chilled or room temperature with poultry.