Try this delicious raisin bread pudding recipe for the holidays or anytime!
- 1 cup (229 grams) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 slices of raisin bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups (471 ml) half & half
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (118 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (59 ml) brandy
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup (59 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Spread pecans on baking sheet, cover with another baking sheet and cook in solar oven until golden (about 8 – 10 minutes).
- While pecans are baking, in a medium-size bowl, combine the half & half, eggs, honey, brandy, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to mix well.
- Place bread cubes in a pot and sprinkle with toasted pecans and apples. Toss to combine.
- Pour mixture from bowl over bread. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover and cook in solar oven until apples are tender when pierced with a fork (about 2½ - 3 hours).
- Remove from oven and let pudding stand for at least 15 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
© 2021 Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens