Cook time 3 hours
A frittata is an Italian dish similar to a crustless quiche or an omelette with vegetables, cheese, and meats. They make a lovely meal for a brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon (14 g.) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (229 g.) diced onion
- 2 cups (457 g.) sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 g.) dry basil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (packed) (457 g.), chopped spinach with stems removed
- 1 cup (229 g.) feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g.) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g.) black pepper
- Stir together olive oil, onions, mushrooms, garlic, basil, and red bell pepper so ingredients are coated evenly with oil in the large roaster. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine eggs, spinach, feta, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Once the vegetables are tender in the roaster, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and gently stir in. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours until the eggs have set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.