Cook time: 1 to 1.5 hrs
Nothing beats fresh biscuits out of the oven with some butter. And better yet when made with the sun.
Biscuits (from scratch or refrigerated)
- 2 cups (457 g.) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g.) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14 g.) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g.) salt
- 7 tablespoons (100 g.) butter, cubed (or alternative)
- 3/4 cup (176 ml.) milk or milk alternative
- For refrigerated biscuits, place directly into the roaster and cover. Cook until golden brown. For biscuits from scratch use ingredients above.
- Preheat Sunflair® Oven. Set oven up outside with cooking chamber receiving full sun.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut in butter until it begins to looks like coarse meal.
- Slowly stir milk into the middle of the mixture. Now, knead the dough with your fingers. Can add a little more milk if necessary. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to desired thickness. Cut biscuits out with a biscuit cutter or a juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits into the un-greased roaster with lid.
- Cook until golden brown.
Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens