Opting for something other than tacos for Taco Tuesday? A healthy easy option is a Quinoa Burrito! Combine 1 cups (170 g) quinoa with 2 cups (473 ml) water, add a package of burrito or taco seasoning. Then use complimentary foods such as a few chopped green onions, or...
🌭Chili Dogs. Vegan or classic, the method is the same. Add a can of favorite chili at the bottom of the roaster. Next, lay the links on top of the chili. Cover with lid and cook until hot. Garnish with goodies such as vegan or traditional cheddar cheese, red or green...
A sunny Enchilada Tuesday instead of Taco Tuesday. Enchiladas are a great way to use leftover beans, rice, cheese, and shredded meats. Simply roll the filling of choice in corn tortillas. Make as many as desired. Spoon over enchilada sauce, sprinkle with cheese, or...
This salad adds sunshine to any meal. It’s a great dish to enjoy as an entree, side dish, or take to a potluck. Serves: 4-6 Time: 3-4 hrs
- 1 cup (161 g) wheat berries
- 2 Tbsp (43 g) honey
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) peanut oil
- 1/2 Tsp (2 g) salt
- 1/4 cup (38 g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (40 g) peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (151 g) peaches, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (50 g) fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Cook the wheat berries in 3.5 cups (828 ml) water for approximately 4 hrs in the Sunflair® Solar Oven. Once cooked, strain, rinse, drain and cool.
- Whisk together honey, garlic, lime juice, rice vinegar, peanut oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Add and combine the wheat berries, raisins, peanuts, peaches, bell peppers and spinach with the dressing.
Who loves curry? Curry salad just hits the spot on a hot summer's day with the delicious spices and the snap of sweet and tartness of apple. Can be serve over rice, a bed of lettuce, made into sandwiches, lettuce, wheat, or gluten-free wraps. We placed 3 chicken...
We may not be able to be under the sun in Tuscany, but we can enjoy the flavors under the same sun. Simple and fresh always equals delectable.
- 1-1/2 lbs (680 g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups (241 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons (24 g) pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons (44 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (59 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) lemon zest
- Place the asparagus, tomatoes, and pine nuts in roaster.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and drizzle over asparagus.
- Cover & cook 20 - 30 minutes until asparagus is just tender.
- Plate and sprinkle on zest of lemon and cheese.
Rose water makes for a lovely gift for someone special or to treat one's self. It is easy and has many uses. Rose water adds an extra highlight to many dishes. Delicious in baked goods, lamb stew, rice pudding, and salads. Nice as a tea also or for a rosy libation. ?...
Homemade rich and creamy Chocolate Pudding is a decadent treat that surpasses those imagination puddings in little plastic cups. ☀️Cooking with the sun is perfect for chocolate as the heat radiates around the pot evenly, and never scorches. ? Quality chocolate always...
What is nice about this recipe is how the flavors of the tomato, cumin, and other ingredients meld together, making for a delicious burrito filling. Makes about 7 cups Cook Time: 3 - 4 hours Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or a mix
- 1 (14.5oz/411 g) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (237 g) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) ground cumin
- 1 (15oz/425 g) canned pinto or black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (211 g) uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup (211 g) frozen corn
- Optional Garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, chopped cilantro, or salsa
- Mix ingredients in roaster
- Cover and cook until rice is tender
- Wrap in flour tortillas, garnish and serve.
Southern Sweet tea is divine on a hot summer's day. It’s more than just adding sugar to iced tea. Some like their tea more or less sweet. Or tea steeped for more or less time. This recipe is a good place to start, and can be adjusted to one's taste. There’s a secret...
One pot meal of sunshine. The prep time on this so fast, and then set it and forget it. This dish is liberating and enables getting other tasks completed.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 large potatoes, 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) cubed
- 3 carrots cut in 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- 1 onion, small, cut in quarters
- 1 head garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp (10g) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.3g) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (29.5ml) olive oil
- Cube produce and Pat dry.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Add oil and spices. Combine.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 3 hours.
“A bowl of garlic soup a day keeps the doctor away.” Okay, that may not be a saying, but garlic soup is known for its health benefits and warding off colds around the world. What seems like a ridiculous amount of garlic mellows when slow cooked. This recipe was made...
Healthy morning, lunch, or dinner inspiration, Quinoa Bowls bring sunshine to the day. ☀️Cook: Place 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water, and however many eggs that are desired into the Sunflair® Solar Oven for 1.5 hours. Cover bowl, and place eggs on the tray next to the...
Serves 5-12 Cook time: 2 hours Many cultures start the first day of the year with lucky food. In the American south, it’s soul food. Cooking it with the sun, it’s “sol” food. • Black eyed peas: There seems to be many views on their significance from gratitude to have...
Cookies, Homemade or Refrigerated Nothing like fresh hot cookies out of the oven. Just like grilling, there are little tips that follow natures laws of physics that will aid in cookie making. Solar ovens not only retain heat, but moisture too. Note and tips: 1....
Vegetable Chickpea Curry Servings: 6 - 10 Very easy vegan Chickpea Curry is a good one to make that serves many people. Nice for a backyard gathering, or comfort food on a cold day. Also a good one to package for lunches for work. It is delicious eaten by it’s self or...
Classic Egg Salad Sandwich This is a wonderful classic recipe that will be gobbled up. It's delicious on country white bread or a hearty rye. Eggs cook faster in a solar oven when hard baked, not using water. What is nice about hard baked eggs is they never crack....
Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, & Cardamom Oatmeal Delicious, surprisingly creamy, and infused with loads of health benefits. My family was hesitatant that this combination would taste “healthy," but it just tastes yummy and comforting on a cold day. ...
Chili Spaghetti Squash is great at home or camping. Easy clean up as the skin doubles as a bowl. We used the Sunflair Mini for this cook. You could triple the quantity in the Sunflair Deluxe Solar Oven. Servings: 2-4
- 1 spaghetti squash, approximately 2 - 2½ lbs.
- 15 ounces can chili
- Garnish options: Tomatoes, Scallions, Cilantro, Olives, Jalapeños, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream
- Place washed (not punctured) squash in the Sunflair Solar Oven for 3½ hrs, turn halfway during cooking. At 3½ hours: put canned chili in the included collapsible bowl/lid and place this in the oven next to the squash for 45 min.
- At 4 hrs remove the squash and let cool for 15 min., as it will be very hot straight out of the oven.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, add chili, and garnish with toppings.
- We used Cilantro, Green Onions, and tomatoes.
- Olives, jalapeños, cheese, sour cream would complement the dish too.
Keep Calm and Curry On! The spices shine when cooked with the sun ☀️ This dish was made in the Sunflair Deluxe Solar Oven. #solarcooking. Servings: 4 Cook time: 4 hours
Vegetable Chickpea Curry
- 15 ounces (441 ml) can tomato sauce, low sodium
- ½ cup (118 ml) light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) cumin
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) turmeric
- ½ teaspoon (9 g) cayenne optional
- 4 cups (900 ml) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (450 ml) brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 15 ounces (441 ml) can chickpeas, drained
- Garnish: Plain yogurt, cilantro, and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix tomato, coconut milk, and spices together in roaster. Add vegetables and chickpeas, and combine with sauce. Cover and place in Sunflair solar oven for 3 hours.
- Serve alone, or over quinoa or rice. Garnish with plain yogurt, cilantro, and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste.