Homemade rich and creamy Chocolate Pudding is a decadent treat that surpasses those imagination puddings in little plastic cups. ☀️Cooking with the sun is perfect for chocolate as the heat radiates around the pot evenly, and never scorches. 🍫 Quality chocolate always...read more
What is nice about this recipe is how the flavors of the tomato, cumin, and other ingredients meld together, making for a delicious burrito filling. Makes about 7 cups Cook Time: 3 - 4 hours Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or a mix
- 1 (14.5oz/411 g) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (237 g) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) ground cumin
- 1 (15oz/425 g) canned pinto or black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (211 g) uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup (211 g) frozen corn
- Optional Garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, chopped cilantro, or salsa
- Mix ingredients in roaster
- Cover and cook until rice is tender
- Wrap in flour tortillas, garnish and serve.
Southern Sweet tea is divine on a hot summer's day. It’s more than just adding sugar to iced tea. Some like their tea more or less sweet. Or tea steeped for more or less time. This recipe is a good place to start, and can be adjusted to one's taste. There’s a secret...read more
One pot meal of sunshine. The prep time on this so fast, and then set it and forget it. This dish is liberating and enables getting other tasks completed.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 large potatoes, 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) cubed
- 3 carrots cut in 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- 1 onion, small, cut in quarters
- 1 head garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp (10g) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.3g) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (29.5ml) olive oil
- Cube produce and Pat dry.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Add oil and spices. Combine.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 3 hours.
“A bowl of garlic soup a day keeps the doctor away.” Okay, that may not be a saying, but garlic soup is known for its health benefits and warding off colds around the world. What seems like a ridiculous amount of garlic mellows when slow cooked. This recipe was made...read more
Healthy morning, lunch, or dinner inspiration, Quinoa Bowls bring sunshine to the day. ☀️Cook: Place 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water, and however many eggs that are desired into the Sunflair® Solar Oven for 1.5 hours. Cover bowl, and place eggs on the tray next to the...read more
Serves 5-12 Cook time: 2 hours Many cultures start the first day of the year with lucky food. In the American south, it’s soul food. Cooking it with the sun, it’s “sol” food. • Black eyed peas: There seems to be many views on their significance from gratitude to have...read more
Cookies, Homemade or Refrigerated Nothing like fresh hot cookies out of the oven. Just like grilling, there are little tips that follow natures laws of physics that will aid in cookie making. Solar ovens not only retain heat, but moisture too. Note and tips: 1....read more
Vegetable Chickpea Curry Servings: 6 - 10 Very easy vegan Chickpea Curry is a good one to make that serves many people. Nice for a backyard gathering, or comfort food on a cold day. Also a good one to package for lunches for work. It is delicious eaten by it’s self or...read more
Classic Egg Salad Sandwich This is a wonderful classic recipe that will be gobbled up. It's delicious on country white bread or a hearty rye. Eggs cook faster in a solar oven when hard baked, not using water. What is nice about hard baked eggs is they never crack....read more
Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, & Cardamom Oatmeal Delicious, surprisingly creamy, and infused with loads of health benefits. My family was hesitatant that this combination would taste “healthy," but it just tastes yummy and comforting on a cold day. ...read more
Chili Spaghetti Squash is great at home or camping. Easy clean up as the skin doubles as a bowl. We used the Sunflair Mini for this cook. You could triple the quantity in the Sunflair Deluxe Solar Oven. Servings: 2-4
- 1 spaghetti squash, approximately 2 - 2½ lbs.
- 15 ounces can chili
- Garnish options: Tomatoes, Scallions, Cilantro, Olives, Jalapeños, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream
- Place washed (not punctured) squash in the Sunflair Solar Oven for 3½ hrs, turn halfway during cooking. At 3½ hours: put canned chili in the included collapsible bowl/lid and place this in the oven next to the squash for 45 min.
- At 4 hrs remove the squash and let cool for 15 min., as it will be very hot straight out of the oven.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, add chili, and garnish with toppings.
- We used Cilantro, Green Onions, and tomatoes.
- Olives, jalapeños, cheese, sour cream would complement the dish too.
Keep Calm and Curry On! The spices shine when cooked with the sun ☀️ This dish was made in the Sunflair Deluxe Solar Oven. #solarcooking. Servings: 4 Cook time: 4 hours
Vegetable Chickpea Curry
- 15 ounces (441 ml) can tomato sauce, low sodium
- ½ cup (118 ml) light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) cumin
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) turmeric
- ½ teaspoon (9 g) cayenne optional
- 4 cups (900 ml) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (450 ml) brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 15 ounces (441 ml) can chickpeas, drained
- Garnish: Plain yogurt, cilantro, and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix tomato, coconut milk, and spices together in roaster. Add vegetables and chickpeas, and combine with sauce. Cover and place in Sunflair solar oven for 3 hours.
- Serve alone, or over quinoa or rice. Garnish with plain yogurt, cilantro, and scallions. Salt and pepper to taste.
This is a delightful summer salad that is one of those go-to recipes to keep on hand. The original Dijon mustard used the juice of unripe grapes in place of vinegar to give it its unique flavor.
- 3/4 lb (340 g) red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) honey dijon dressing. Buy or see recipe below, (delicious)
- 2 medium size tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (76 g) red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 cup (118 g) avocado or olive oil
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) Dijon mustard
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Place bite size potatoes in roaster, top with 2 tablespoons of honey dijon dressing, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 1 hr.
- After 1 hour, place steak in roaster with potatoes and spoon a tablespoon of dressing over steak. Cook for another 45 min.
- Let steak and potatoes rest while plating lettuce, onions, tomatoes. Slice the steak thinly and plate. Top salad with potatoes and drizzle with dressing.
Servings: 4 Cook time: 40 - 90 min, depending on instant or steel cut This oatmeal is a hit during the holidays. It's just a matter of adding a few extra spices and suddenly it's that comforting taste of the holidays.
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) molasses
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) salt
- 1 cup (225 g) oatmeal
- Top off with chopped pecans, milk, brown sugar to taste.
- Add all ingredients to pot. Stir to combine the flavors. Cook until done.
Servings: 4 Cook time: 40 min. A go-to side dish that pairs well with a multitude of entrees, and a favorite to take to potlucks.
- 2 cups (500 ml) water, chicken, or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (225 g) quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80 g) cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) sugar
- Garnish with sliced almonds
- In a large pot, add liquid, quinoa, and garlic. Cover and cook for 40 minutes in preheated Sunflair® Solar Oven.
- Mix in lime juice, chopped cilantro, and sugar. Garnish with sliced almonds. And enjoy.
Servings: 6 Cook time: 4 hours Nothing says fall and winter like apple cider. It is nice served cold, but even better served hot to take the chill off on those crisp cold days. And better snuggled up by a fireplace with a throw blanket....read more
The orange and red wine combined with the cranberries in this cranberry sauce recipe is a flavor sensation. Delicious with turkey and other poultry. This is nice to make in advance and keeps in the refrigerator for a week or freeze.read more
Collapsible Pot Servings: 2-3 Cook time: 45 min. Large Roaster (double the recipe) Servings: 4-6 Cook time: 1.5 hours French toast is one of those anytime comfort foods. The recipe can be followed, or just toss ingredients of your choosing in the pot. Make at home, on...read more
Servings: 4 Cook time: 2 hours This a go-to carrot side dish that seems to complement any entry. Easy for everyday, and delightful for gatherings.
- 1 pound (450 g) carrots, washed, cut 3 inches (7.5 cm) long, and then cut into sixths lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon (2.4 g) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (4.8 g) dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 g) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place prepared carrots in the roaster, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with all the seasonings. Toss so the carrots are evenly coated with oil.
- Cover with lid, and place in the Sunflair® for 2-3 hours until tender.
- Serve with your favorite entre.