This is a delightful summer salad that is one of those go-to recipes to keep on hand.
The original Dijon mustard used the juice of unripe grapes in place of vinegar to give it its unique flavor.
- 3/4 lb (340 g) red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) honey dijon dressing. Buy or see recipe below, (delicious)
- 2 medium size tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (76 g) red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 cup (118 g) avocado or olive oil
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) Dijon mustard
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Place bit size potatoes in roaster, top with 2 tablespoons of honey dijon dressing, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 1 hr.
- After 1 hour, place steak in roaster with potatoes and spoon a tablespoon of dressing over steak. Cook for another 45 min.
- Let steak and potatoes rest while plating lettuce, onions, tomatoes. Slice the steak thinly and plate. Top salad with potatoes and drizzle with dressing.