Rose water makes for a lovely gift for someone special or to treat one’s self. It is easy and has many uses. Rose water adds an extra highlight to many dishes. Delicious in baked goods, lamb stew, rice pudding, and salads. Nice as a tea also or for a rosy libation.
? Rose water can calm your skin
?A mouthwash alternative
?Add to a bath
?Added to laundry
?DIY face masks
?Use as a fragrance
?Spray on a pillow for a nice sleep
- 1 cup (75g) rose petals
- 1 cup (237g) water
- 1 tsp (5g) vodka (optional, as a preservative)
- 1 cup fresh organic garden rose petals with nice scent. Do not use store bought roses as they could have pesticides.
- Rinse rose petals to get off dust or pests.
- Add rose petals to pot, cover with a cup of water, and vodka to preserve.
- Cover pot with lid, and place in Sunflair® for 45 minutes. The color will be drawn from the petals and in the water.
- Pour rose water through a strainer into a clean jar, or stray bottle.