Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, & Cardamom Oatmeal
Delicious, surprisingly creamy, and infused with loads of health benefits. My family was hesitatant that this combination would taste “healthy,” but it just tastes yummy and comforting on a cold day.
- Ginger has been proven to be a good anti-flammatory, helps with osteoarthritis, improve the heart, lower blood sugars, indigestion, nausea, fights infections to list a few.
- Turmeric is used for the brain, treating cancer, delay aging, chronic disease, and more.
- Cardamom helps with: the common cold, respiratory infections, bronchitis, digestion problems, evening out intestinal issues, liver and gallbladder, helping appetite, sore mouth and throat, urinary problems, epilepsy, headaches, and high blood pressure.
- CeylonCinnamon (true cinnamon) is loaded with unit antioxidants, has nation-flamatory properties, cut risk of heart disease, aid with insulin levels, help with a healthy brain, and more.
- 1¾ cups water (see first sentence in directions)
- 1 cup rolled oats (see first sentence in directions)
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates or raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon tumeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- coconut flakes
- Follow the water-to-oats ration on package and reduce by ¼. Add all the ingredients in the pot, mix together, then cover. Place in Sunflair® solar oven and cook for approximately 1 hour. Let cook for longer if the volume of the recipe has increased.