This is a versatile dish that works as a weekly meal to holiday fine dining, or even camping. Another nicety is that it’s gluten and dairy free, and packaged with nutrients. And it’s just as delicious vegan, and makes for yummy leftovers.
Butternut Squash & Turkey Ragout
- 2 lbs (907 g) Butternut Squash, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups (606 g) Red Onions, peeled, chopped (about 2 onions)
- 2 Turkey thighs
- 3 Tbsp (30 ml) Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz (454 g) greens of choice (Spinach, Chard, Kale, Beet)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) Dried Cranberries
- Preheat Sunflair® Solar Oven. Combine squash, onions, olive oil in large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste and place in roaster. Coat turkey with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on top of squash. Cover with lid.
- Cook in Sunflair® until tender, about 3-4 hours.
- Remove turkey to remove skin and bone. Cut meat into chunks, and return to roaster.
- Add spinach and dried cranberries; toss to combine. Cover for a few minutes until wilted.
- Serve in a shallow bowl.
Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens