Jump to recipe
This is a versatile dish that works as a weekly meal to holiday fine dining or even camping. Another nicety is that its gluten and dairy-free, and packaged with nutrients. And it’s just as delicious vegan and makes for yummy leftovers.
- 2 lbs (907 g) Butternut Squash, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups (606 g) Red Onions, peeled, chopped (about 2 onions)
- 2 Turkey thighs
- 3 Tbsp (30 ml) Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz (454 g) greens of choice (Spinach, Chard, Kale, Beet)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) Dried Cranberries
- Preheat Sunflair® Solar Oven. Combine squash, onions, olive oil in large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste and place in roaster. Coat turkey with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on top of squash. Cover with lid.
- Cook in Sunflair® until tender, about 3-4 hours.
- Remove turkey to remove skin and bone. Cut meat into chunks, and return to roaster.
- Add spinach and dried cranberries; toss to combine. Cover for a few minutes until wilted.
- Serve in a shallow bowl.
© 2022 Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens