Taste the simple elegance of this poached pear recipe. This is one of our favorite desserts, a sweet treat from nature.
- 4 ripe pears
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 cup (235 ml) apple cider
- 3-4 tbsp (42-57 grams) honey
- Wash and peel pears and rub each one with a lemon quarter to prevent them from turning brown. Use a potato peeler to remove skin and use the tip of the peeler to remove the core from the bottom. If a pear is doesn't stand up well, level the bottom.
- In the pot, stir the apple cider and honey. Place pears into the pot and cover. Cook until pears are soft and tender, 20 to 30 minutes; remove pears and set aside.
- To reduce the liquid, put the pot back in the oven without the lid. Vent/unzip the Sunflair oven to release steam. Reduce to about 1/2 cup (118 ml). Spoon the cider and honey reduction over the pears.
Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens