Jump to recipe
This salad adds sunshine to any meal. It’s a great dish to enjoy as an entree, side dish, or take to a potluck.
Time: 3-4 hrs
- 1 cup (161 g) wheat berries
- 2 Tbsp (43 g) honey
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) peanut oil
- 1/2 Tsp (2 g) salt
- 1/4 cup (38 g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (40 g) peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (151 g) peaches, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (50 g) fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Cook the wheat berries in 3.5 cups (828 ml) water for approximately 4 hrs in the Sunflair® Solar Oven. Once cooked, strain, rinse, drain and cool.
- Whisk together honey, garlic, lime juice, rice vinegar, peanut oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Add and combine the wheat berries, raisins, peanuts, peaches, bell peppers and spinach with the dressing.
© 2023 Copyright: Sunflair® Solar Ovens